Amazon has revealed its current list of best-selling books in South Africa. The top ten best-selling books takes into account Kindle editions purchased by South African customers between June 1, 2013 and May 31, 2014. The list features some great reads with Inferno by Dan Brown topping the list.
In addition to the top 10, Amazon recently announced that the Kindle Paperwhite is now available in South African retail stores, and will be demoed at the Cape Town International Book Fair from 13-15 June 2014.
Having attracted hundreds of local and global exhibitors, the event has become Sub-Saharan Africa’s biggest Book Fair with attendance including publishers, authors, exhibitors, speakers, book associations, book distributors, book stores, electronic book traders, libraries, literary agents, printers, repro agents, bibliophiles and the general public, and publishers.
Kindle Paperwhite will be available for attendees to sample; authors can also acquire information on how they can get their materials on Amazon. Experts will also be at the exhibition stand assisting all those visiting the event and Kindle devices will be available for purchase.
The top ten best-selling books in South Africa are:
1. Inferno by Dan Brown
2. And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
3. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
4. Never Go Back: (Jack Reacher 18) by Child. Lee
5. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
6. Sycamore Row by John Grisham
7. The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
8. The Cuckoo’s Calling (Cormoran Strike) by Robert Galbraith and J. K. Rowling
9. The Hit (Will Robie 2) by David Baldacci
10. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult