Liquid Telecom today announced that it has been shortlisted in the Pushing The Limits Fixed category at The 2014 Telecoms.com Industry Awards for building Africa’s largest single fibre network.
This is Liquid Telecom’s first industry accolade in 2014 and follows a string of successes last year when the company picked up a number of awards including:
· For the second year in a row, Best African Wholesale Carrier at the annual Global Carrier Awards, beating off strong competition from WIOCC, Orange and PCCW Global
· Best Fixed Network Infrastructure Innovation at the Global Telecoms Business Innovation awards
· Best Cost Efficiency Solution for Africa at the AfricaCom awards which celebrate and reward excellence in the African Telcoms, Media and ICT Market.
The 2014 Telecoms.com Industry awards are a new initiative that celebrate the wide-ranging achievements of the key players within the global communications industry and honour industry excellence in ground-breaking advances in technology and services. Published by the Informa Group, telecoms.com is one of the most well-respected providers of news and analysis of the global telecoms market.
The independent judging panel boasts decades of industry expertise and was assisted by specialist judges who lent their insights for particular categories.
Shortlisted alongside Liquid Telecom in the Pushing The Limits Fixed category are:
· Accenture for its Intelligent Migration Framework
· Alcatel-Lucent for G.fast fixed ultra-broadband
· Nominum for its N2 Customer Monetization Application Suite
· Telco Systems for the T-Marc 3348S 10GE Ethernet/MPLS demarcation device
The winners of The Telecoms.com 2014 Industry awards will be announced at a ceremony in Barcelona on 24 February.
Rudnick said “Recognition by our peers is always extremely gratifying. At Liquid Telecom we celebrate the people who make it happen and my personal thanks go out to every single member of our multi-award-winning team. Together we are building Africa’s digital future.”