BlackBerry Z10 available on Vodacom SA
South African mobile service provider Vodacom announced today that the new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone powered by BlackBerry 10 will be available from Vodacom World in Midrand, Johannesburg and other outlets across the country on 22 February 2013.
Vodacom detailed that the contract offering will be available for R479 per month and the offer will include:
- 75 voice minutes, 150 SMS & 575 MB x 24 months; and
- Unlimited BBM texting until 31 May 2013. A new BBM VAS offer will be launched from 1 June 2013; pricing information will be available closer to launch.
“We’re delighted that today our customers are among the first in Africa to experience the new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone powered by BlackBerry 10. We’ll also be launching the BlackBerry Z10 LTE which will be available at stores by mid March, so our customers can look forward to enjoying the new features on the BlackBerry Z10 and a great internet mobile experience,” said Phil Patel, Chief Officer of the Consumer Business Unit at Vodacom SA.
Alexandra Zagury, managing director at BlackBerry for South and Southern Africa, added “The BlackBerry Z10 smartphone delivers a powerful new mobile computing platform for BlackBerry customers. With BlackBerry 10, every feature, every gesture, and every detail is designed to keep customers moving.”
BlackBerry 10 includes advancements such as:
* Peek and Flow into the BlackBerry Hub – A new mobile computing paradigm where what matters to customers is always only one swipe away.
* Keyboard – Understands and adapts to customers, so they can type faster and more accurately.
* BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) – Allows customers to share photos, videos, text messages and more with the people that matter to them in an instant. BBM in BlackBerry 10 includes voice calling and video chat, and introduces the ability to share your screen with another BlackBerry 10 contact.
* Time Shift – An astonishing camera feature that lets you capture a group shot where everyone is smiling with their eyes wide open.
* BlackBerry Balance technology – Protects what is important to customers and the businesses they work for by separating and securing work applications and data from personal content.
Charlie Fripp – Consumer Tech editor