MENU

Orange Kenya CEO willing to step down

March 28, 2012 • Mobile and Telecoms, Top Stories

Orange Kenya CEO Mickael Ghossein said he would step down at the Kenyan Treasury’s request, but said no such request had been made.

Orange Kenya CEO Mickael Ghossein. (image: file)

Ghossein’s comments come after the government demanded more representation within the company’s management as a precondition for additional funding from Nairobi.

Last week the company requested a KES 10 billion ($120 million) cash injection from the Kenyan government.

Ghossein said Treasury would struggle to meet their demands “as the government is a minority shareholder (49%) and changing the current agreement with France Telecom (51%) is only possible if they increased their ownership to become the majority shareholder”.

Orange Kenya’s board of directors have scheduled a general meeting for April 11 to discuss potential financing options for the nextfour-years.

Joseph Mayton


Comments are closed.

« »

Read previous post:
African ICT job opportunities high, skills lacking

A new survey published on Tuesday reveals that as telecom jobs in Africa booms, the continent still lacks skilled workers,...

Close