BioWare, maker of the highly-successful BioShock franchise, announced that they will be developing a PC-exclusive follow-up to Command & Conquer: Generals. Announced at Spike VGA event in Los Angeles, the game is currently in development and a short trailer has also been released.
While the game is still being developed, not a lot of details are available, but it is known that the plot will involve terrorists who blew up a peace conference, killing most major world leaders. This leaves the player to battle it out with the other faction for control.
The previous C&C title was developed by Electronic Arts, but BioWare will be injecting their own style into it. “We’re bringing BioWare’s vision for emotionally engaging gameplay and great attention to quality to the strategy genre and the Command & Conquer franchise,” said BioWare boss Ray Muzyka.
“I am excited to welcome BioWare Victory to our label. They are a great addition and the team is working hard to make sure Generals 2 truly immerses and engages players into this intense, gritty, modern war experience,” he added.
According to the game’s official website, the title will feature:
* All-out War – Take control of three unique factions, competing for resources, building up your base of operation, and leading massive batteries of tanks, soldiers, and aircraft into battle.
* Uncanny Sense of Realism – Frostbite 2 technology allows for visceral, visually stunning conflict at an epic scale. Incredibly detailed units and environments, dynamic physics, and exhilarating visual effects bring the battle to life in ways never before seen. This is the closest thing to real war without the consequences.
* New Ways to Dominate or Ally with your Friends – Go beyond classic deathmatch with a selection of new multiplayer game modes, designed with both cooperative and competitive play in mind.
* Thrilling Campaign – Command the war on terror in an electrifying single-player campaign. Experience the dramatic story from multiple perspectives-from heroic General to crazed terrorist-while engaging the enemy in pulse-pounding tactical combat.
* Ever-evolving Experience – Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.
The game is expected to be released in 2013
Charlie Fripp – Acting Online editor