Apple has announced their updated iPhone 4 S, and even though it’s not exactly what users were hoping for, the new model still packs a punch.
A whole host of features have been added, such as Siri, an intelligent assistant that helps users get things done just by asking.
Siri understands context allowing users to speak naturally when they ask it questions or give it commands.
As for the camera, the 4S includes a camera with the most advanced optics of any phone.
The 8 megapixel sensor has 60 percent more pixels so you can take amazing high quality photos with more detail than ever.
iPhone 4S includes a new custom lens, a larger f/2.4 aperture and an advanced hybrid IR filter that produce sharper, brighter and more accurate images.
Here is a full list of the specifications:
* Capacity: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
* RAM: 1024MB
* Processor: Dual-Core A5
* Operating System: iOS 5
- Height: 115.2 mm
- Width: 58.6 mm
- Depth: 9.3 mm
- Weight: 140 grams
- UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz);
- GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz only),
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
* Location: Assisted GPS, Digital compass, Wi-Fi, Cellular
- Retina display
- 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 960-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front and back
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- Rear-facing 8-megapixel camera, Autofocus, Face detection in still images, LED flash
- Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- Video stabilization
- Front camera with VGA-quality photos and video at up to 30 frames per second
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 14 hours on 2G (GSM)
- Standby time: Up to 200 hours
- Internet use: Up to 6 hours on 3G, up to 9 hours on Wi-Fi
- Video playback: Up to 10 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 40 hours
- Three-axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
Charlie Fripp – Consumer Tech editor