Casual games maker Nintendo has released their list of upcoming games for the Wii and 3DS, just in time to start planning what to put in the Christmas stocking. In October fans can look forward to the release of the Wii Family Edition Bundle with a white console, Wii Sports & Wii Party, which should retail for about R1599.
From now until December, Nintendo will release no fewer than 10 games, so there should be something for everyone.
But a definite highlight of October is the release of Tetris on the 3DS. “The music is affectionately etched into your memory, you remember the thrill of achieving a ‘Tetris™’ line clear after clearing four lines in a single move, you’ve enjoyed guiding the famous Tetrimino shapes into place for years, but you’ve never played a Tetris game like this before,” Nintendo wrote.
The release schedule for the remainder of the year:
* 3DS Tetris at RRP of R499 (21 October)
* DS Kirby Mass Attack at RRP of R399 (28 October)
* Wii Go Vacation at RRP of R449 (4 October)
* Wii Family Edition Bundle with white console, Wii Sports & Wii Party at RRP of R1599 (mid to end-Oct)
* 3DS Super Mario 3D Land at RRP of R499 (18 November)
* 3DS Mario Kart 7 at RRP of R499 (02 November)
* Wii Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword with music CD at RRP of R499 (18 November)
* Wii Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Limited Edition Bundle – RRP TBC (18 November)
* DS Professor Layton and the Spectre’s Call at RRP of R399 (25 November)
* 3DS Super Pokemon Rumble at RRP of R499 (02 December)
Games which don’t have confirmed release dates yet include Kid Icarus: Uprising and Wii Kirby’s Adventure, but gamers will be able to get a Nintendo 3DS for R1899, while the Nintendo Wii will be R1599.
Charlie Fripp – Consumer Tech editor