MENU

Online requests for FIFA 2010 tickets on the increase

May 14, 2009 • Top Stories

danny_jordan.jpgOrganisers of the 2010 soccer world Cup, FIFA, said they had received more than 290 000 online requests for tickets.

During the first week of the Second Phase of the Ticketing Sales for the event, a total number of 297 188 requests were received.

This included 162 844 requests for Individual Match Tickets and 134 344 for Team Specific Ticket Series.

“A total number of 112 616 tickets have been requested by South Africans. However, the highest demand of tickets in other countries came from the United States (US) (44 004 tickets) and in the UK (32 413).

Applications for the second phase can be made until 16 November 2009 via the FIFA website (www.fifa.com) or at First National Bank (FNB) branches.

On the other hand, sales of tickets for the FIFA Confederation Cup to be held this June in South Africa have been disappointing. Analysts and FIFA officials have ascribed this to the poor marketing and promotion of the Confederation Cup competition, particularly in South Africa.

FIFA said tickets will be allocated on a “first come, first serve” basis. Each applicant can apply for up to four tickets per match and up to seven matches in total.

Mthulisi Sibanda

Related Posts

8 Responses to Online requests for FIFA 2010 tickets on the increase

1. Me2U says:

Might explain why you can not request tickets… After them saying that they are not having problems…

“Unfortunately due to high volumes of traffic at this time we cannot process your request. Please try again later or attempt to re-submit your request now.”

2. The Fifa website sucks – I’ve been getting the message “Unfortunately due to high volumes of traffic at this time we cannot process your request. Please try again later or attempt to re-submit your request now” for three days now.

I was also declined a request for the Soccer City QF – but the booking site says they are still available. These were supposed to be allocated on a first come firs serve basis!

3. NN123 says:

Website sucks, agree completely. Same here: constantly getting this ridiculous message “Unfortunately due to high volumes of traffic at this time we cannot process your request. Please try again later or attempt to re-submit your request now” no matter what game I select. At the same time one can see day by day that the number of games available decreases, so there is a channel to get tickets somewhere….

4. EAH says:

I managed to get an application in (I got a ap id #) but no confirmation email (no its not in my spam folder either). I also cannot view my application online. Since the confirmation goes out of its way to say an application is no guarantee of tickets I don’t feel much better off than anyone else.

This world cup is a mulit multi multi million dollar endeavor (and the tickets are very expensive). HOW on earth can they have a crappy website? Incredible. What is the name of the company in charge of making maintaining the site?

5. Nadine says:

So what happens if you applied for 7 tickets but so far only one set has been approved for one match. Do the other tickets get put into the next draw or do you have to re apply ?

6. clive says:

Does anyone know how long it takes to process a ticket application? I filled in the application on Tuesday, and now its Friday and still no word.

If anyone already received tickets from this 4th phase, please could they let me know.
    Thanks

7. PLEASE THE TICKET

8. neveragain says:

I will never support another fifa world cup. what a pain in the arse. fifa think they are the greatest sporting association on the planet. i say to them go see how a rugby or cricket world cup is organised. Take a pen and paper as you will need to make notes. Stop being so stringent about allocation of tickets. First come first serve…end of story.

« »